Trinity Church is home to a 4/24 Wurlitzer, owned and maintained by the Theater Organ Society of San Diego (TOSSD). The organ is actually a combination of two organs. The first is a Wurlitzer Opus #1520, which was originally installed in the Strand Theatre in Madison, Wisconsin in 1926; and the second is a Wurlitzer Opus #0562, originally installed in the Tiffin Theatre in Chicago, Illinois in 1922.
Bill Huck of Replica Records in Des Plaines, Illinois purchased the two organs around 1955 and combined them to make one instrument. The outcome was the organ known as the ‘Replica Wurlitzer.’ The organ was later sold and moved to Canada and then to Arden Pizza & Pipes in Sacramento, CA. Finally, the organ was purchased for TOSSD and transported to Spring Valley in 1996.
Organ photo taken by Richard Neidich.
Visit the Trinity Church website.
This organ is not owned or maintained by LATOS.
|English Post Horn
|Style D Trumpet
|Solo Tibia Clausa
|Main Tibia Clausa
|Solo String Celeste
|Viol d' Orchestre
|Solo Vox Humana
|Main Vox Humana
|Traps & Toys